2.16.2010

The Master Cleanse - A Photo's Perspective


Before Master Cleanse in 2007 (Santa Monica, CA ) - Pic 1




Before Master Cleanse in 2007 (Santa Monica, CA )- Pic 2


Hello all! It's DAY 3 of my Master Cleanse and I thought I'd start this with a few "before" pics. As I have mentioned in previous posts, I started my very first cleanse back in November 2007. I was so unhappy with my health and weight back then. I look at old pictures now and it's obvious how unhappy I was. I think I had been 155lbs at my heaviest. I know that's not THAT bad but it felt bad in an unhealthy way. That first cleanse changed my life to say the least...



1 week after Master Cleanse in 2007 (Skydome Powwow - Toronto)


I had lost 17lbs in that first cleanse. After, I gained back half of that, however, I was on the road to better eating. I cut down on a lot of the foods I never could before the cleanse - SUGAR! I just didn't have the desire or craving for all the sweets I had previously loved. I loved the way I felt :-) It really changed the way I thought of food. I consciously thought of how processed food would ruin all that hard work. I had clean pipes lol, wasn't going to mess that up with bad foods.

Soon after the cleanse (about 3-mos or so later), I went through life changes that brought me face to face with how I really thought of myself. I was still determined to be healthier. I cut a lot of meat out of my diet. I did this for several reasons: 1) I lived near a few dairy & chicken farms - those cows & chickens were not normal. 2) I began to really research the process of meat - from farm to table... disgustingly alarming to say the least! 3) Lastly, I started to notice how much longer it took for meat to digest.


Digable Planets Show - November 2008 (Tempe, AZ)


I did The Master Cleanse a few more times in 2008, continued to eat less meat, and kept healthy. The picture above is myself at my smallest - taken almost a year after my first detox in November 2007. This is another one of my faves! Yeah it's awesome that I had lost over 20lbs in one year, but the fact that I felt healthier was what really counted with me. Health and weight go hand in hand. I've learned that if you make "health" your driving force, you can lose a lot of unwanted weight. However, if you constantly obsess about extra weight, you attract more of it...


No comments: